Spark Plasma Sintering (Model: SPS 10-4 Advanced Technology, Santa Rosa, CA,USA ) is a rapid sintering process with controllable level of densification. It applies Pulsed DC current and mechanical pressure simultaneously without pre-forming and binders. It can process including metallic, ceramic, intermetallic, polymer and composite powders.
• Force: 20,000lbs
• Pressing Ram: 4 in stroke
• Maximum Temperature: 2200oC
• Electrical output: 10V/ 4,000 amps pulsed DC (MAX)
• Environment: Vacuum, Inert gas
• Operating pressure: Vacuum or 1 psig
• Ultimate vacuum: 10-3 torr range
• Die size: Ø20 mm
Ongoing Research Projects:
• Ultra high Temperature Ceramics: TaC, NbC etc.
• Boron Nitride Nanotube (BNNT) reinforced composites
• Carbon allotropes (CNT, Graphene Nanoplatelets, Graphene form, Nano-diamond) Reinforced composites
• Tungsten disulfide (WS2) reinforced composites for tribological study.
• Magnesium and its alloys consolidation