- McPherson JG, Chen A, Ellis MD, Yao J, Harden RN, Heckman CJ, Dewald JPA (2017). Progressive recruitment of contralesional cortico-reticulospinal pathways drives impairment post-stroke (in review).
- McPherson JG, Stienen AH, Drogos JM, Dewald JPA (2017). Modification of spastic stretch reflexes at the elbow by flexion synergy expression in individuals with chronic, hemiparetic stroke (in review).
- McPherson JG, Wasielewski M, McMahon K, Parrish TB, Elliott JM (2017). Precision and short- and long-term reliability of diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in skeletal muscle (in review).
- Dewald JPA, McPherson JG, Stienen AH, Schmit BD (2017). Biomechanical parameters of the elbow stretch reflex in unilateral brain injury (in review).
- Smith AC*, Weber KA, Parrish TB, Hornby TG, Tysseling VM, McPherson JG, Wasielewski M, Elliott JM (2017). Ambulatory function in motor incomplete spinal cord injury: a magnetic resonance imaging study of spinal cord edema and lower extremity muscle morphometry. Spinal Cord. doi: 10.1038/sc.2017.18.
- Elliott JM, Sudarshan D, Haxie C, Hoggarth M, McPherson JG, Sparks C, Weber K (2016). Advancements in imaging technology: do they (or will they) equate to advancements in our knowledge of recovery in whiplash? Journal of Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, 46(10):862-873.
- Smith AC*, Knikou M, Yelick K, Alexander A, Murnane M, Kristelis A, Houmpavlis P, McPherson JG, Wasielewski M, Hoggarth M, Elliott (2016). MRI measures of fat infiltration in lower extremities following motor incomplete spinal cord injury: reliability and potential implications for muscle activation. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Aug; 2016:5451-5456. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2016.7591960.
- Dewald JPA, Ellis MD, Acosta AM, McPherson JG, Stienen AH (2016). Implementation of impairment-based neurorehabilitation devices and technologies following brain injury. In: Dietz V, Reinkensmeyer DJ (eds.) Neurorehabilitation Technology: Springer, 2nd DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-28603-7.
- McPherson JG, Miller RR, Perlmutter SI (2015). Targeted, activity-dependent spinal stimulation produces long-lasting motor recovery in chronic cervical spinal cord injury. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 112(39):12193-8; DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1505383112.
- Smith AC*, Parrish TB, Hoggarth MA, McPherson JG, Tysseling VM, Wasielewski M, Kim HE, Hornby TG, Elliott JM (2015). Potential associations between chronic whiplash and incomplete spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord: Series and Cases, 2, pii: 15024.
- McPherson JG, Edwards WB, Prasad A, Troy KL, Griffith JW, Schnitzer TJ (2014). Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry of the knee in individuals with spinal cord injury: methodology and correlation with quantitative computed tomography. Spinal Cord, 52(11): 821-5.
- Dewald JPA, Ellis MD, Acosta AM, McPherson JG, Stienen AH, (2012). Implementation of impairment-based neurorehabilitation devices and technologies following brain injury. In: Dietz V, Nef T, Rymer Z (eds.) Neurorehabilitation Technology: Chapter 19: 343-358. Springer, 1st DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4471-2277-7.
- McPherson JG, Stienen AH, Drogos JM, Dewald JPA (2011). The relationship between the flexion synergy and stretch reflexes in individuals with chronic hemiparetic stroke. IEEE International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics: 5975516.
- Stienen AH, McPherson JG, Schouten AC, Dewald JPA (2011). The ACT-4D: a novel rehabilitation robot for the quantification of upper limb motor impairments following brain injury. IEEE International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics: 5975460.
- McPherson JG, Ellis MD, Heckman CJ, Dewald JPA (2008). Evidence for increased activation of persistent inward currents in individuals with chronic hemiparetic stroke. Journal of Neurophysiology, 100: 3236-3243.
*denotes student author
- NIH/NICHD: K12HD073945. McPherson (PI). “Spinal stimulation for neuropathic pain.”
- FIU/Coulter Foundation: SEED Grant. McPherson/Danziger/Hutcheson (PIs). “Exploring neural contributions to aortic valve function and disease.”
- Craig H. Neilsen Foundation: SCIRTS Grant. Danziger (PI). “Post-SCI bladder reflex conditioning with pelvic neuromodulation.” Role: co-investigator.
- NIH/NICHD: R01 HD079076-01A1. Elliott (PI). “Neuromuscular mechanisms underlying poor recovery from whiplash injuries.” Role: post-doctoral research associate.
- Raymond and Beverly Sackler Foundation. McPherson (PI). “Development of flexible, biocompatible electrode arrays for chronic stimulation of the central nervous system following neurological injury.”
- NIH/NINDS: R01 NS054269 Dewald (PI). “Monoaminergic drive and discoordination followig stroke.” Role: graduate research associate.